Zoey Forbes works with a broad range of clients across the creative industries, with a particular focus on the publishing industry and rights acquisition and exploitation in the film, TV and theatre industries.
- Book publishing agreements
- Audio and podcasting agreements
- Copyright analysis and advice, including chain-of-title research
- Rights acquisition and exploitation, including book to screen and book to stage deals
Before qualifying as a lawyer, Zoey studied English Language & Literature from the University of Oxford, obtaining a first class degree, and worked in an number of bookshops, including Waterstones, Harrods’ bookstore and Heywood Hill.
Zoey is a member of The British Literary and Artistic Copyright Association and the Copyright Committee of the Association of Learned & Professional Society Publishers.
- Zoey will be tutoring “Understanding Copyright” for the Association of Learned & Professional Society Publishers on 17 June 2020.
- In a piece for the Publishers Weekly/BookBrunch Frankfurt Book Fair Show Daily, Zoey and partner Alex Hardy reported on the three new rights that have the potential to significantly affect author contracts in the publishing industry if the new EU Copyright Directive is implemented in the UK. You can read the article here.
- Zoey explored the new age to page-to screen adaptations and the opportunities this creates for writers, agents and publishers in an article for BookBrunch which you can read here.
- Zoey commented on Dutch case of Tom Kabinet and its implications for the publishing industry in the trade press. You can read her comments here and her piece for BookBrunch here.
- Zoey and partner Shireen Peermohamed explored the possible effects of Brexit on three key issues for the book industry in an article for Bookbrunch which you can read here.
- Publishing eBulletin: Autumn 2020
- Publishing eBulletin: Spring 2020
- Publishing eBulletin: Autumn 2019
- EU Copyright Directive coverage
- Alex Hardy appointed Business Club Ambassador
- Resale of e-books ‘unlawful’ under EU law
- Proud sponsors of Byte The Book’s latest event
- Publishing eBulletin: Summer 2019
- Publishers Weekly coverage for Zoey Forbes
- Coverage for Zoey Forbes on new online copyright rules