As tax rules constantly change and evolve you will be regularly confronted with new and interesting tax problems. Wherever you are on the spectrum from being an individual entrepreneur to a public company, we will draw on our experience working with the widest variety of clients to provide you with comprehensive, clear and practical tax advice. We will take a proactive role in finding commercial and creative solutions, ensuring your time is spent growing your business and not dealing with the process.
“Glen Atchison of Harbottle & Lewis LLP has “great technical expertise” and is highlighted by interviewees for his communication skills. He handles a wide range of domestic tax matters and is especially strong on funds work for film and media sector clients.”
Chambers UK 2011
Our expertise covers every type of enterprise. Our clients include both established businesses and start-ups along with individuals that work in the finance and media sectors, entertainment and sports personalities and their agents and property developers. We develop long-term relationships, working with clients as their businesses grow, responding to the need for more sophisticated tax structuring and planning advice as it arises.
We will offer you specialist advice on:
- Corporate Tax – all tax aspects of acquisitions and mergers, management buy-outs, joint ventures, corporate reorganisations, corporate finance transactions, (flotations, rights issues and bids) and general corporate tax advisory work
- International Tax – UK and international tax aspects of cross border transactions
- Investment Funds – structure and documentation of domestic and international investment funds
- Tax Disputes – major commercial clients on the conduct of disputes with HM Revenue & Customs and advising in connection with contractual disputes on tax deeds and tax warranties
- Property Tax – tax aspects of property transactions, including specialist VAT advice
- Employee and Personal – employee and personal tax issues, including employee share schemes and benefits
- Fund raising – advising on tax efficient investment including the availability and advantages of the enterprise and seed enterprise investment schemes that give tax relief to investors (EIS and SEIS)
- Charities – general advisory work, including advising on trading structures.
Advised the shareholders of iLuka Limited, a corporate events management business, on the disposal of their shares in the company to Chime Communications PLC.
Redkite Financial Markets
Advised Redkite Financial Markets, a specialist in real-time financial markets surveillance solutions, on their Series A investment from leading European venture firm, DFJ Esprit.
Advised social media monitoring company Brandwatch on an investment from Durrants, the UK’s leading media intelligence business.
Advised goodypass.com, the online business launched by breakfast TV star Kate Garraway, on its seed round of investment from Kite Ventures.
Advised interactive gaming company, Zattikka, in relation to its $5.5m investment through its parent company Expedite 5, Inc. led by Notion Capital.
Forward Internet Group
Advised Forward Internet Group on its acquisition of uSwitch.com, the UK’s leading online energy price comparison and switching service.
Advised Virgin Holidays on its acquisition of a luxury long haul travel specialist Bales Worldwide.
Advised MAMA Group Plc, one of the UK’s largest independent music companies, on its joint venture with leading high street music retailer HMV.