Colin Howes provides specialist corporate and strategic advice on buying and selling businesses, investments in businesses, joint ventures and commercial agreements. Many of the clients he advises are in the hospitality or media industries. He also advises charities and other philanthropic organisations on governance and legal issues, including mergers and other transactions.
He is a member of the Charity Law Association, a director of Comic Relief Limited and Board Adviser to Virgin Unite. In his work with philanthropic organisations, Colin has a particular interest in those which leverage business activities or entertainment to improve lives.
- Buying and selling businesses
- Joint ventures and investment
- Commercial agreements
- Advising Kindred Concepts on setting up F1 Arcade, a new immersive social entertainment venue concept incorporating F1 racing simulators established by long-standing client Adam Breeden (the entrepreneur behind Puttshack, Bounce and Flight Club). Read more here.
- Advising drama producer Iona Vrolyk on the launch of a new scripted production company, Double Dutch, with Banijay UK. Read more here.
Colin trained at Harbottle & Lewis before qualifying in 1981 and becoming a Partner in 1984. He was Managing Partner of the firm for eight years to 31 July 2000.
- Harbottle & Lewis advises Studio Crook on investment from Channel 4 Indie Growth Fund
- Harbottle & Lewis advises F1 Arcade on £30M fundraising round
- Harbottle & Lewis advises on sale of Kindle Entertainment to Banijay Kids & Family
- Recognition for 14 H&L lawyers in Best Lawyers
- H&L advises Kindred Concepts on the launch of a new Formula 1 social entertainment venue