Colin Howes provides specialist corporate and strategic advice on buying and selling businesses, investments in businesses, joint ventures and commercial agreements. Many of the clients he advises are in the hospitality or media industries. He also advises charities and other philanthropic organisations on governance and legal issues, including mergers and other transactions.
He is a member of the Charity Law Association, a director of Comic Relief Limited and Board Adviser to Virgin Unite. In his work with philanthropic organisations, Colin has a particular interest in those which leverage business activities or entertainment to improve lives.
- Buying and selling businesses
- Joint ventures and investment
- Commercial agreements
Colin trained at Harbottle & Lewis before qualifying in 1981 and becoming a Partner in 1984. He was Managing Partner of the firm for eight years to 31 July 2000.
- H&L advises on launch of Double Dutch
- Harbottle & Lewis advises BossaNova on investment by Night Train Media
- Harbottle & Lewis advises Emma Frost and Matthew Graham’s new indie on partnership with Legendary Entertainment
- Success for 11 H&L partners in Best Lawyers
- C21 Media podcast: Colin Howes on investor confidence
- H&L advises Sargent-Disc on sale to Cast & Crew