Tom Macleod advises on a broad range of corporate and commercial matters, including acquisitions and disposals, financing rounds, joint ventures, corporate restructurings and share incentivisation schemes.
He has a particular focus on advising founders and growing entrepreneurial businesses, venture capital funds and angel investors, often from the technology sector.
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Venture capital
- Fundraising and investment arrangements
- Seed and angel investments
- Share incentivisation schemes (including EMI)
- Joint ventures
- Shareholder arrangements
- Corporate restructurings
- Advising Smart Pension, the technology innovator and leading UK workplace pensions provider on strategic investment from J.P. Morgan and a £40m investment from Link Market Services (EMEA) Limited
- Advising Earlybird Ventures, one of Europe’s most successful venture capital firms, on a number of investments including its lead investment in Lexoo, the legal tech startup, which was part of a $4.4 Series A round
- Advising Adam Speigal Productions on the acquisition of the rights to the Mousetrap Productions Limited from Sir Stephen Waley-Cohen and others
- Advising Futrli, the fast-growing cloud-based business decision-making platform, on its £4m Series A funding raise from leading venture capital firms e.ventures, Notion Capital and firstminute Capital
- Advising the shareholders of Research Exchange Limited, a leading marketplace and aggregator for institutional research, on the acquisition of the company by Liquidnet
- Advising a leading New York hedge-fund on the $151m acquisition of a high-end luxury hotel resort
- Advising Karakuri, a robotics start-up with the potential to revolutionise the preparation of ready-to-eat meals, on investment from Ocado, First Minute and others
- Advising Brandwatch, the leading enterprise social intelligence company, on its acquisition of the content marketing and influencer identification platform, BuzzSumo
- Advising the majority of shareholders of tPoint Solutions Limited, a SaaS provider of a customer engagement platform to various brands, on its sale to Woven Solutions Limited
- Advising ENGIE New Ventures, the corporate venture arm of the global energy provider ENGIE, on its £3 million investment into Vyntelligence, a smart voice and video notes platform which simplifies and digitises data acquisition.
- Advising ZELP (Zero Emissions Livestock Project), a growing London-based ‘agri-tech’ start-up, on its fundraising from investors including US-based Starlight Ventures, a venture capital fund that focusses on early stage companies addressing humanity’s biggest challenges and opportunities
- Advising the Forward3D Group and its shareholder Forward Dimension Capital, on the acquisition by The Stagwell Media Group, a US-based digital marketing and investment group
- Advising the shareholders of top 50 global language service provider, translate plus, on its sale to Publicis Groupe’s cross-media production platform, Prodigious
- Advising GMG Ventures on a number of investments including its lead investment in Signal Media, the artificial intelligence-powered decision support platform, which was part of a $16m Series B round
- Advising Wagonex, the pioneering car subscription marketplace platform, on its investment round from the Development Bank of Wales
- Advising the Shareholders of DMC Canotec, one of Britain’s biggest providers of managed print and document management solutions, on the acquisition of a majority stake in the company by Horizon Capital
Tom trained at CMS Cameron McKenna LLP before joining the Corporate practice at Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP in September 2014 as a newly qualified solicitor.
He joined Harbottle & Lewis in February 2017.