Daniel Prim advises on all aspects of intellectual property (IP) law, and specialises in advising clients in relation to contentious IP and media related issues.
Daniel provides strategic IP advice to clients from across sectors including, film, tv, music, entertainment and retail, and regularly advises on all stages of a dispute from pre-action through to trial and beyond, as well as alternative forms of dispute resolution including settlement and mediation.
Daniel has experience of advising clients in IP disputes in the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court, High Court and Court of Appeal, as well as defamation disputes in the High Court.
Daniel was named a ‘key lawyer’ in the Legal 500 2021 for media and entertainment law, and holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice from the University of Oxford. Daniel studied languages at university and speaks Spanish and French fluently.
Before joining Harbottle & Lewis in 2021, Daniel was a Senior Associate in the London IP & Media team of Eversheds Sutherland, having qualified there in 2015.
Prior to working in law, Daniel worked in film post-production, and was part of a team nominated for a film BAFTA.
- IP disputes, including trade marks, passing off, copyright and design rights disputes in the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court, High Court and Court of Appeal, as well as settlement and pre-action strategic advice
- Online takedowns and domain name complaints
- Exploitation, acquisition and licensing of IP rights
- Advertising clearances and ASA complaints
- Reputation management (including social media and defamation issues)
- Society for Junior Intellectual Property Practitioners (IPSoc)
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)