Charles Leveque advises on a wide range of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, investments, joint ventures and shareholder arrangements. He also advises on corporate and media finance transactions, including through the offering of securities, either privately or through the capital markets and has advised on a number of Initial Public Offerings on the AIM Market of the London Stock Exchange.
His clients are from a range of industry sectors but he has a great deal of experience advising companies and investors who operate in the media and technology sectors.
- Advising TPXimpact (formerly The Panoply) on its AIM IPO and 15 acquisitions
- Advising the seller of the Benihana chain of restaurants on its sale to Minor International
- Advising Nissan on its acquisition of a stake in the e.dams Formula E team
- Advising Karakuri on its investment from Ocado
- Advising the shareholders of Translate Plus on its sale to Publicis
- Advising Secret Group (the producers of Secret Cinema) on its investment from Active Private Equity and most recently on a crowdfunding round via the Crowdcube platform
- Advising Forward Internet Group on its sale of uSwitch to Lloyds Development Capital
- Advising Eiffel eCapital and BG Finance on a series of debt-based investments into alternative finance platforms
- Advising Locksmith Animation on its investment by Elisabeth Murdoch
- Advising Old Vic Productions plc on its rights issue and open offer and its associated joint venture arrangements with Rocket Stage
- Advising the shareholders of Geomerics Limited on its sale to ARM
- Advising the shareholders of Kloud on its sale to AON Hewitt
- Advising Oxford Capital Partners LLP on its EIS-qualifying investment into Quickfire Films
- Advising global games developer and publish, Kepler Interactive on its $120m investment round from NetEase Interactivate Entertainment Pte Ltd
- Advising Primer API, the payment automation platform provider, on its $20m series A funding round (led by Accel) and $50m series B funding round (led by ICONIQ Growth) Read more here.
- Advising All3Media Limited on its acquisition of Nordic Entertainment Group’s distribution business, NENT Studios UK (formally known as DRG). Read more here.
- Legal 500: Recommended (2015)
- Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers: Rising Star (2013 and 2014)
- Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers: Recommended (2015)
- Member of the British Screen Advisory Council, EIS Association and Franco-British Lawyers Society
News and Views
- Harbottle & Lewis advises on sale of C.T. Holmes & Co. to Brasmar Group
- Longstanding client Secret Group Limited acquired by TodayTix Group
- SEIS/EIS updates from Kwasi Kwarteng’s “mini-Budget” 2022
- Harbottle & Lewis advises TPXImpact on two further acquisitions
- Harbottle & Lewis advises Tulipshare on a $10.8m investment round
- H&L advises Discover.ai on sale to Talkwalker
- Harbottle & Lewis advises Secret Group on crowdfunding round
- Harbottle & Lewis advises The Panoply on acquisition of Nudge Digital
- Harbottle & Lewis advises All3Media on acquisition of NENT Studios UK