Sacha Wilson is a commercial and regulatory lawyer with particular expertise in advertising, digital media, and data privacy. He is joint head of the firm’s cross-departmental Advertising Group.
Sacha has advised clients from a variety of sectors including some of the world’s best known brands, agencies, platforms and media companies. He advises on a range of commercial transactions and has particular expertise in advertising related agreements (such as creative agency, media buying, and brand partnership agreements). He is particularly well known for his expertise in digital advertising and adtech.
Sacha also has expertise in general advertising compliance (including prize promotions, native advertising, and influencer marketing) as well as ecommerce and online consumer regulations.
In relation to data privacy, Sacha has advised on all the key compliance areas, and has worked with a large number of clients on their data protection compliance programmes. He has particular expertise in the data privacy aspects of marketing, adtech and digital media – he frequently advises on adtech vendor arrangements, programmatic advertising, mobile apps, and innovative digital marketing projects.
- Advertising and marketing compliance
- Digital media and adtech
- Online/ecommerce/consumer regulations
- Privacy and data protection
- Commercial contracts
- Digital and tech transactions
Sacha is ranked for advertising and digital media in both the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners.
He is a member of the Digital Media Group committee for the Society for Computers and Law (SCL) and the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
Sacha speaks and writes regularly about legal issues in the digital world and is frequently asked to speak at industry conferences and comment in the press.
- Engadget coverage on cookie consent
- Compliance Week coverage on British Airways data breach class action
- EU adopts UK adequacy decisions allowing free flow of data
- Data & Privacy eBulletin: Spring 2021
- Sacha Wilson quoted on BA/Marriott GDPR fines
- Data & Privacy eBulletin: Autumn 2020
- Data & Privacy eBulletin: Schrems does it again
- ICO reshapes priorities in light of pandemic