Sacha Wilson is a partner in the Technology, Media and Entertainment (TME) team and joint head of the firm’s cross-departmental Advertising Group.
He is a commercial and regulatory lawyer with particular expertise in advertising, tech/digital, and data privacy. He has advised clients from a variety of sectors including some of the world’s best known brands, agencies, platforms and media companies.
Sacha advises on a range of commercial transactions and has particular expertise in advertising and marketing related agreements (such as creative agency, media buying, and talent agreements) as well as more tech/digital focused deals (including software development/licensing, cloud services and adtech).
He also has expertise in general advertising compliance (including prize promotions, native advertising, online influencers, and product placement) as well as ecommerce and online consumer regulations.
In relation to data privacy, Sacha has advised on all the key compliance areas and has worked with a large number of clients on their GDPR compliance programmes.
Sacha has particular expertise in the data privacy aspects of marketing, adtech and digital media – he frequently advises on adtech vendor arrangements, programmatic advertising, mobile apps, and innovative digital marketing projects.
- Advertising and marketing compliance
- Digital media and adtech
- Online/ecommerce/consumer regulations
- Privacy and data protection
- Commercial contracts
- Digital and tech transactions
Sacha is ranked for advertising and digital media in both the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners.
He is also the chair of the Digital Media Group committee for the Society for Computers and Law (SCL) and a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
Sacha speaks and writes regularly about legal issues in the digital world and is frequently asked to speak at industry conferences and comment in the press.
- Sacha Wilson quoted on BA/Marriott GDPR fines
- Data & Privacy eBulletin: Autumn 2020
- Data & Privacy eBulletin: Schrems does it again
- ICO reshapes priorities in light of pandemic
- Coverage: Sacha Wilson and Josey Bright on in-housing, ad agency contracts and COVID-19
- Data & Privacy eBulletin: ad industry in the spotlight, Schrems II and Brexit developments
- Data & Privacy eBulletin: (Still) preparing for Brexit
- Data & Privacy eBulletin: GDPR – One year on
- Digiday coverage: Sacha Wilson on brand safety