Tristan Tydings advises high net worth and ultra high net worth individuals and families on their personal affairs and private wealth.
Her practice includes a wide range of both international and domestic private client matters, including cross-border succession and wealth structuring, tax residence and domicile advice, and onshore/offshore trusts.
Much of Tristan’s work includes an international element, with a particular focus on US/UK tax and wealth planning. Tristan frequently coordinates with advisors in Europe and the US to identify and implement legal solutions that are efficient across multiple jurisdictions.
Her clients include entrepreneurs, creatives in the entertainment industry, philanthropists and city professionals. Tristan adopts a bespoke and tailored approach to her clients’ matters according to their needs and objectives, both tax and otherwise.
- Private wealth structuring
- Succession planning including cross-border estate planning, and advice on and the preparation of Wills and supplementary testamentary documents
- Domicile and residency advice including pre-UK arrival and departure planning, excluded property trusts and the remittance basis
- UK tax planning
- US/UK individuals
- Family governance
- Trust law
- Advising a UHNW UK resident US domiciliary on pre-deemed UK domicile tax planning, including the preparation of dynastic trusts to qualify as both an excluded property trust from a UK perspective and a foreign grantor trust from a US perspective.
- Advising a well-known UK resident US domiciliary on their US revocable trust and US estate planning documents to ensure UK tax efficiency.
- Advising an internationally mobile UHNW family on their trust structures and private wealth to ensure tax efficiency and compliance with personal objectives and local laws, covering multiple jurisdictions and asset classes.
Tristan obtained an upper second class honours degree in Law LLB from King’s College London, and a distinction in Legal Practice LLM from the University of Law. She later qualified as a solicitor at a specialist private client law firm in London, before joining Harbottle & Lewis in February 2022.
Tristan has been shortlisted for Lawyer of the Year (Associate) in Citywealth’s Future Leaders Awards 2023.