Harry Bresslaw advises on commercial issues in the entertainment sector, primarily focusing on matters relating to the theatre, film and television industries, including on commissioning, development, production, financing and other associated sector arrangements.
Harry acts for a range of clients including SVOD platforms, US studios and established West End and Broadway producers, as well as UK independent production companies and alumni of the Stage One New Producers’ scheme. He also acts for a number of high-profile individual rights-holders on the protection and exploitation of their intellectual property rights.
- Acting as production counsel for a number of West End plays and musicals, recently including Back To The Future – The Musical, Get Up Stand Up! The Bob Marley Musical and The Prince of Egypt, as well as touring productions including Grease, Motown and Captain Corelli’s Mandolin.
- Advising HRH The Duke of Cambridge on his contributions to a variety of media projects, including most recently in connection with The Earthshot Prize documentary broadcast on BBC One.
- Advising stage producers including Sonia Friedman Productions, Sadler’s Wells and Punchdrunk on the development and production of various stage projects.
- Acting for Magic Light Pictures on animated film and television projects including the series Pip and Posy for Sky and Channel 5 and its BBC One Christmas specials including Zog and the Flying Doctors.
- Acting for Monty Python on the management and exploitation of its rights portfolio across a range of media and platforms.
Harry joined Harbottle & Lewis in January 2018. He previously trained and worked at the London and Amsterdam offices of Allen & Overy, where he advised on commercial contracts and non-contentious intellectual property issues.
Outside of the office, Harry acts as a trustee for touring theatre company The Handlebards.