Ed advises founders, businesses and investors on a broad range of corporate, corporate finance and commercial matters. He has a particular interest and expertise in the creative industries, including film & TV, video games and music, and in the broader media, entertainment and technology sectors.
He has extensive experience in mergers & acquisitions, fundraises from pre-seed to Series A and beyond, start-ups, growth equity investments, public takeovers, joint ventures and shareholder / management incentive arrangements (including EMI options) and SEIS / EIS investments and is actively involved as a speaker and mentor for a number of different industry accelerators and trade bodies, including IndieLab and UKIE. He trained and qualified at Linklaters LLP, where he spent five and a half years in the private equity M&A team acting for a variety of private equity houses and businesses on leveraged and non-leveraged buy-outs, growth equity investments, exits, management incentive arrangements and bolt-on acquisitions.
Ed is ranked as a Key Lawyer in Legal 500 2023, and is noted for his “sector expertise”, “encyclopaedic memory” and his willingness to “go the extra mile to get the best deal.”
Recent experience includes:
- Investment by Channel 4 Indie Growth Fund into Studio Crook
- Rainmaker’s investment in Saffron Cherry Productions
- Driift’s acquisition of Dreamstage
- Sale of Secret Cinema to TodayTix Group
- David Beckham’s strategic partnership with Authentic Brands Group
- Night Train Media’s investment into TV distributor BossaNova Media
- Take-Two Interactive’s $370 million acquisition of mobile gaming studio Nordeus
- Sale of Supersonic Software to Miniclip
- Take-Two Interactive’s $1 billion takeover bid for Codemasters