Sam Purkiss advises on a broad range of areas across the technology, media and entertainment industries, including advising on commercial agreements relating to publishing, the exploitation of intellectual property, sport, and the production of film, television and video games.
Sam advises clients across the technology, media and entertainment industries with a particular focus on publishing, sport and technology while also acting for clients in the video game and television industries.
- Commercial agreements in the areas of publishing, sport and technology
- Child Performance Licence Regulations and applications
- Terms and conditions of use and privacy policies for websites
- Advising on and drafting production agreements in relation to a major motion capture shoot for a video game
- Assisting on the review and negotiation of a distribution agreement for Egmont Publishing’s books
Sam joined Harbottle & Lewis in 2012 as a trainee, qualifying into the Technology, Media and Entertainment group in September 2014. Since joining the firm, Sam has been seconded to Take-Two Interactive’s in-house UK legal team for three months and to Sky UK’s Content Acquisition legal team for ten months.
Away from the office, Sam is a football referee within the professional game, operating on The Football League as an assistant referee and on The National League South and North as a referee.