Sandi Simons undertakes a wide variety of commercial litigation, including arbitration.
As well as having wide-ranging experience in taking cases to trial, she also has significant experience in both bringing and defending applications for injunctive relief. She is also experienced in resolving disputes through alternative dispute resolution, providing clients with clear and strategic advice from the outset.
Sandi is the co-head of the multi-disciplinary retail group. She has extensive knowledge and experience in all areas of the media and entertainment industry, and advises a number of the Firm’s interactive entertainment, music, publishing, theatre, film and television clients.
- Strategic pre-action advice and litigation avoidance
- Injunctive relief
- Commercial trial litigation
- Contract claims
- Commercial Agents Regulations disputes
Sandi has been involved in a number of interesting cases such as (clients in italics):
- 19TV Limited v (1) Fremantle Media Ltd (2) Simon Cowell (3) Simco Ltd
- Best Films Ltd v British BSkyB Broadcasting Ltd
- Horserace Betting Levy Board v Grosvenor West End Properties
- Telstar Electronic Studios Ltd v Take Two interactive Software Europe Ltd
- Arnold George Dorsey professionally known as Engelbert Humperdinck v HM Attorney General
- SU Corporation Ltd v MCPS
- SThree Staffing UK Ltd v Forward lnternet Group Ltd
- Frost Capital Europe Ltd v Gathering of Developers Inc
- Extreme Retail Ltd (1) Extreme Pie Ltd (2) v Madden and others
- Acting for an international airline in relation to a multi-million pound contractual claim relating to the termination of a services agreement
- Acting for a leading music publisher in High Court litigation with a licensor regarding the rights to music catalogues, which involved making an application disputing jurisdiction
- Acting on behalf of a well-known charity in successfully opposing an application for permission to apply for Judicial Review of the charity’s decision to reject a grant application.
- Brand Studio Limited v St John Knits
Sandi joined Harbottle & Lewis in 1998 from Cameron McKenna and became a Partner in 2005.
Sandi is a member of the International Association of Entertainment Lawyers and Fashion Group International.
- Qualification date: June 1996
- Academic qualifications: LL.B. 1992, LSF 1993
- Retail & Fashion eBulletin: November 2020
- Retail & Fashion eBulletin: February 2020
- Retail & Fashion eBulletin: September 2019
- H&L advises surgeon Richard Villar on successful appeal
- Not Just a Label: partnership with H&L
- Retail & Fashion eBulletin: influencer crack down, Cadbury and MysteryBrand alleged ‘scam’