Leo Marino advises on a broad range of property matters, with particular specialism in the acquisition and disposal of properties held as investments, sale and leasebacks, property development, mortgage refinancing, business leases and lease renewals. He also advises on the purchase and sale of high value residential properties.
Leo acts for a number of property investment companies and syndicates of investors, landlords and tenants, and property developers. Many investors are well known music artists. He also acts for IMO Car Wash, the world’s largest car wash company with approximately 280 sites in the UK.
- Acquisition and disposal of investment properties , including all legal aspects of managing the investment during ownership, such as new lettings, lease renewals, licenses to assign, underlet, change use and to make alterations, and rent review memoranda
- Sale and leasebacks
- Property development
- Mortgage refinancing
- Business leases and lease renewals
- High value residential conveyancing
- Advising on the disposal of three London office investment properties in Clerkenwell for over £23m
- Advising on ongoing estate management work in relation to The Lanes Shopping Centre in Sutton Coldfield, and in relation to Coronation Square Shopping Centre Cheltenham. Leo previously acted on their purchase for a syndicate of investors
- Advising on ongoing disposals and lease renewals for IMO Car Wash, including leases from major supermarkets such as ASDA and Tesco
Leo joined Harbottle & Lewis in 1997 as a trainee solicitor, and became a Partner in 2007.