Sarah Lazarides advises clients on a broad range of commercial issues in the media and entertainment sector, primarily surrounding the development, production, distribution and exploitation of rights in the film, TV and theatre industries.
She acts for a wide range of clients including, theatrical, film and television producers, major US studios, West End and regional theatres, writers, directors and artists.
Sarah is also co-head of the Firm’s Diversity & Inclusion committee.
- Production work
- Distribution and ongoing exploitation
- Convergence between film, television and theatre
- Advised on the Netflix production of Rebecca.
- Advising Michaela Coel on her deal for I May Destroy You.
- Acting as production counsel on major feature films including Hobbs and Shaw, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and Mamma Mia 2 and on television shows including Downton Abbey.
- Handling certain financing aspects of the film Hotel Mumbai.
- Advising production companies big and small on getting their projects developed, commissioned and financed and on handling the production and distribution process.
- In theatre, working on the development and production of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.
- Key takeaways from the Film & TV Production Restart Scheme rules
- Quarantine exemption for film and TV productions filmed in UK
- COVID-19: TV production guidance announced
- Top 10 tips for getting the film reel rolling again
- COVID-19: Legal issues for independent production companies
- Brexit: Film and TV update
- Harbottle & Lewis advises All3Media on acquisition of NENT Studios UK
- C21 Media coverage for Sarah Lazarides and Caitlin McGivern
- Brexit: changes for the production industry
- Sarah Lazarides speaks to C21 Media on TV production
- Harbottle & Lewis advises Little Dot Studios on acquisition of WING
- US eBulletin: Winter 2020